Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Craft revamps...it takes time

I've been promising some craft revamps. The following is super easy to do, but it does take time to learn. Being said...it is a work in progress, it takes time, I am learning. Here is a start to what I have been working on. It's not perfect, it's Simply Created by Cole.

Project 1: Pillows
Once I had these bad boys made I realized I forgot to take a before picture of what the
original throw pillows looked like. They were white and green plaid from my college days, but I found
this awesome fabric at Hobby Lobby in ONE TRIP! How rad is that? Wait...it's even better because
it was on sale which = CHEAP!

Green modern floral print
White with multi color floral
Brown Suede

I don't have a headboard, but found this Scroll design at Hobby Lobby, 50% off.
LOVE!

Project 2: Lamp
I had some fabric left from the pillows, not enough to make another pillow so I decided to add it to a lamp from the Family Dollar Store. The lamp had this fabric on it, which I didn't like too much:
So I replaced the fabric to come up with this:
It took a little bit of time and patience to peel the old material off of the lamp shade base, but it took no time to glue the new fabric on using fabric glue. It holds like a gem! I do have to credit the Thrifty Decor Chick at http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/ for these ideas. Sarah has wonderful redecorating ideas and a great blog to boot! It's a great source for inspiration no matter what skill level you are at for decorating.

What are some craft revamps you have done lately?

Love in Him above, Nicole




1 comment:

  1. Whoa! I love the lamp and the pillows. All with a little fabric, eh? I'll have to try my hand at that. You have an eye for decorating and take awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...