Thursday, June 17, 2010

A daughter and her dad...




Happy Father's Day to the most amazing dad...
 whose  love I've never doubted...
 who has always been there...
 who has always provided what I needed...
 who has always protected me...

Happy Father's Day to a dad that I remember...
shooting hoops with me out on the basketball court...
never missing a game...
fishing with...
teaching me to drive a stick shift...
dropping everything to help me when stranded on the road...
teaching me how to fix a broken down car...
protecting me from those who cause harm...

Happy Father's Day to a dad that has instilled in me...
love your family and do good to others...
hard work is worth the pay off (nothing comes free)...
to always give your best and believe things will work out...
to learn to laugh at yourself (I've got your humor!)...

Happy Father's Day to a dad...
that gave me my name when I was born...
and now 29 years later still loves me as only a father could.

On this day and forever...
I want you to remember...

Photo credit courtesy of weheartit






4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you have an incredible relationship with your dad. I didn't have that with my dad. But seeing my husband with our daughter makes it all better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet comment! Your story about your grandpa was so sweet too!! Grandpa's are the BEST!!

    Have a lovely day-Cole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fishing memories with my dad as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading Natasha! I'm a teacher as well (4th grade)! I love the verse you have for your class website. Have a wonderful day and hope you stop back by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...