Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fruit for your soul

"What can you do today to live a Holy life? An unnatural life?"

This great question was posed in my Sunday School class this past week...
I won't take credit for it...
But it left me thinking, enough so to share it with you...

Our class took some time and went over Romans 3:9-20 and a verse that stuck out was Romans 3:10a "As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;..." We are all human, we all struggle with the ways of the world. Whether it be our thoughts, words, or actions. But, what can you/I do today to live in such a way that is unnatural to the ways of the world. Through our discussion we came upon the Fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). 
*Love
*Joy
*Peace
*Patience
*Kindness
*Goodness
*Faithfulness
*Gentleness
*Self-Control

These are the exact opposite to the ways of the world. They are the way to living a life that honors God and a way to love people well. Am I saying I'm perfect? NOPE, not at all. I am human, I have faults, but I have a God who is bigger than that. A God, who when I seek Him, I will find Him. And when you seek Him, you will find Him too!

How do I live this unnatural life you might ask. By diving into the Word of God, giving your time to Him, allowing Him to change you from the insight out. So...over the next couple of weeks we are going to look at these Fruits (food for your soul, good food) and allow them to change us from the insight out.

Are you ready?

Photo credit courtesy of weheartit




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...