Thursday, July 8, 2010

Coincidences???

Yesterday was a wonderful day of creating with fabric, hanging out at one of my favorite coffee spots, and having an awesome conversation with someone new. I was in one of my favorite handmade, vintage shops looking for some new buys of the re-vamping kind and I got into a conversation with one of the store owners. 

What prompted this conversation? Scarves. Yep, I did say scarves. Someone had brought in some vintage scarves that when I saw them they called out, "Take me. Take me." Ohhhh... do I have plans for these scarves. Am I telling? Not yet. I will in time.

The lady asked me what I was going to do with the scarves, I told her, and she asked me something  pretty awesome. Am I going to tell about this? Not yet. I've realized that this is something only God can bring about. Where it will take me I don't know. But, where HE will lead -I will follow. I'm going to spend some time in prayer about it, keep doing what I'm doing. And, just like me, you will know in time.

So what's the point of me sharing this is what you might be asking right now. The point is...that through these "coincidences" I'm reminded of one of Gods' promises.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (New International Version) 

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I am reminded that Gods' plans are bigger than mine...
He is the driver...
That as I seek Him, I will find Him...
Because you know what...
Yesterday...
Before and after this "coincidental" conversation with this lady...
I heard that same verse several different times from different sources...

What-ever Gods' plans are for our lives. I firmly believe things are not just coincidences. As one of my favorite quotes goes (paraphrased), "Coincidences are small miracles where God prefers to remain anonymous." -Unknown

~Nicole

Photo credit courtesy of weheartit


2 comments:

  1. Have you ever read When God Winks? It is about those moments we shrug off as coincidences. One of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great read Natasha! I will definitely have to check that one out! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...