Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Fruit of Kindness

We've been looking at, studying, the Fruit of the Spirit...
Really getting into Galatians 5:22-23 and looking at each "Fruit" at how it applies in each of our lives...

We been looking at the questions...
"What can you do today to live a Holy life? An unnatural life?"...
Letting God change us from the inside out, in...
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control...
(just click on the red names and it will take you to that post...no I didn't forget Love :)...)
  
Today, I want to do something a little different...
I want to share with you some things God is placing on my heart about kindness...

  • ~Whether I show or don't show kindness (in words, thoughts, or actions) it is a matter of what is going on in my heart.
  • ~Are my words, thoughts, actions kind?
  • ~Do I need to show kindness to another (maybe someone who has done wrong my way.)
  • ~Never treat wrong for a wrong.
  • ~ How will I respond to someone who has not shown kindness my way?
  • ~Above all, I need to guard my heart and what influences it. (Garbage In, Garbage out right?...don't let the others not being kind cause you to stumble but shower them with love.) 
It's not always easy to show kindness to others (I know I've been there, we all have)...
whether its a complete stranger who cuts you off while driving or...
someone close who makes a "snarky" comment...
or maybe even worse?
Whatever the circumstance may be...
God calls us to Guard our Hearts...
Out of our hearts, come thoughts, out of our thoughts comes words, 
and out of those words, comes actions.

Are they done in Kindness?

How will you show Kindness to another today?

Ephesians 4:32 (New International Version)Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

1 Thessalonians 5:15 (New International Version)Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.

 Photo credit courtesy of weheartit

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...