Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The "big" 3 "Ohhh..."

A Birthday Celebration!!!
 Photo credit courtesy of wehearit

Today, I'm the "big" 3 "ohh..."
Funny, how I post that on here, yet leave the all important year off of my FB. (tehe)

I giggle, sometimes short of a *snort*...
Yep, I did say *snort*...
when people respond to how "old" I am...

Sometimes the comments make me laugh...
sometimes they fill me with big, fat, puffy hearts...
and sometimes...
well, it takes a little LOT more grace and biting of the tongue for some comments.

I was struggling with this birthday...
I was doing fine, going about life, creating, writing, getting ready for the school year, then...
WHAM!!
Out of no-where it hit me, hard...

3 "Ohh..."

But over the last couple of days,  God is showing me that...
My age...
My "life status"...
Does NOT determine my value.

Only God does and in His eyes we are fearfully and wonderfully made!

So, today...
I am going to enjoy ...
with family, friends, and some rodeo fun!
Remembering, that in Christ...
I am fearfully and wonderfully made...
and that He knows the plans HE has for me.

Thanks for stopping in at this Birthday Celebration!
I'm off to a rodeo!! ;)
xoxo







4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    Have a great celebration, I'm 27 and it confuses me when people ask me how old I am, I have to think for a few minutes! I suddenly realised that I was getting towards 30 so started my 30 before I'm 30 list - so hopefully I'll be aware of the birthday as it approaches.

    Have a lovely day,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jade! Good luck on your list, I enjoyed reading it. It is a FAB idea! I didn't have one officially before I turned 30, but I recently wrote down some BIG dreams and it's neat to see how once you write them down..how things happen!

    Have a great day!
    ~Nicole~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hopped over from a Chic Chick widget. Happy Birthday!! :)

    Heather
    The Gift Closet
    www.thegiftcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Heather for the Birthday wishes! It was a wonderful day!!

    Hope you stop back by! I'll be stopping by your blog. :)

    ~Nicole~

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...