Thursday, August 19, 2010

Saved by the bell...


No, not this Saved By The Bell...
Although, Zach and Kelly were my two favorite characters on this show...
{did I just admit that??}...

Well, since I did just admit that I watched Saved By The Bell...
and that Zach and Kelly were my two favorite characters...
I might as well go ahead and admit  tell you that I l.o.v.e.d. this show...
I was the one who would go sliding across the kitchen floor...
running faster than the speed of sound...
just to make it in time for the opening credits.
 I was also the one in school pictures with the big, curly, poofy perm, high bangs, and HUGE
we're talking KING KONG huge, pink rimmed glasses.

Got the image in your head yet??
I sure do and I'm laughing...


Even though Zack did have a cool phone...
I'm sure glad we don't have those any more!

So what brings up Saved By The Bell??

Today, while you are reading this...
I am beginning my eighth year of teaching...
{I can hear ya doing the math now....tehe}
Beginning a new year with fourth graders...
In a Safari themed room....
Excited to teach and to watch them learn and grow.

Because every child that walks into my room is a shinning star!
And, I hope at the end of the day they aren't thinking...
"Whew, saved by the bell." 
LOL


photo credits courtesy of weheartit

4 comments:

  1. Hope your day was awesome, from one Saved By the Bell fan to another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lara!

    It was good day, went by fast. I'm so tired, but have lots of mowing this evening. It's so hot here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great year. We went back on the 4th, the start of my 11th year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Natasha! I hope you have a great year as well!! How did your first days go?

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...