Monday, August 16, 2010

A tale of two mirrors {picture update}

Once upon a time...
there was this U.G.L.Y. Mirror
found on a secret mission weekend...


Ugly brass, but with some great detail just waiting to be noticed...


Along came Heirloom White spray paint and this happened...


Which took the place of this mirror...


And *shined* like this in its place...


Yet...it still really didn't fit...
Something was missing...


So, the first mirror came back...
hijacked the ORB (Oil Rubbed Bronze) spray paint and did this...
(notice the hammer...whoopsie!)


Which hurried in its excitement and didn't cover well enough...
so it was left with  some haze on the glass!
But no fear, this "prince" took it off...


Love those Mr. Clean sponges (p.s. my own opinion, not paid for it.) :)

And now it shines as this...


Which I love!
See closer...


So, what happened to this??


Keep checking in to see what becomes of it!
Hint***
cute, sassy, functionality

If you want some great spray paint tips and tricks head over to The Thrifty Decor Chick. She can ROCK a can of paint and turn anything into a masterpiece. As for the mirror ideas, the bronze mirror came from a "whim" and I've seen ornate mirrors spray painted on different blogs. Just can't remember which ones. My Google Reader is in the hundreds peeps. :)
 

Have a lovely day!
~Nicole~
a.k.a Cole ;)
Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when a simple paint job can make such a big difference? I have a mirror just like your brass to white one, it's been gold, white, dark green and now it's black, my favorite version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea of switching it up! Paint is great and cheap! I may have to try black here shortly. I found somewhere on a site (can't remember where) but colored chalkboard paint. How cool is that!?

    Hope you visit again! Thanks for stopping!

    ~Nicole~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your creative ideas on redoing the mirrors! Great job! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to my link at my weekly party, every Friday..hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...