Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Now showing...when peaches fly!

Remember...
not so long ago...

Where I got all these yummy peaches.
My friend, Rachel, makes some yummy, instant, freezer jam.
So, I thought I'd give it a shot.
{Lots o' photos coming up}

First, I gathered everything I needed
{Cuz' I roll like that}
{note to self...next time save the Pectin pack with directions so I can give the amounts}
Second, I peeled the peaches...


{This is before I found out how to boil the peaches and have the skins slide right off}

And, I put them into this...

But then, I decided that I didn't want chunky jam. 
So out came the food processor...


Not, before I realized as Peaches went flying...
that I had the lid on wrong,
which left a large gap,
which flung peaches,
e.v.e.r.y. w.h.e.r.e.

I was shocked {but only for a second}...
but then rolling with laughter.
I literally was cleaning peaches off the cupboard, dishwasher, and floor!

Once the laughter died down...
I added the sugar, lemon juice, and pectin mixture to the fruit as the Pectin package said.

I allowed it to sit for the amount of time as said on "package."
{Really, truly, next time I will have it more together.}
:)

Lastly...
I poured the mixture into these nifty, plastic, freezer cups.


{Please excuse the *gasp* blinds in the background.}

How did it turn out you may wonder?

Well...
it's super sweet,
a little too runny, 
but set up perfectly in the freezer.


What did I learn from this new adventure?

1. It's not a good idea to start a project like this at 11:30 p.m. {yep, no joke}
2. Pictures, Pictures, Pictures {I did not take enough}
3. Save the package {a.k.a. directions}
4. Never give up...even when peaches fly!
You'll still get a really good product and learn something or somethings to boot!

I've got another peach recipe for you soon...
Instant peach pie filling.
Don't worry...
I've got L.O.T.S of pictures
&
all the directions.
Love, Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...