Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pain and a rainbow...{decision made}

Thank you again for your prayers...
words really do not express how thankful we are for them.

Yesterday we were given a blessing...
we got to sit next to our Grandpa/dad...
to hug him...
to say, "I love you."...
to share conversations with him that only we would understand and...
that are so precious, so dear.

Grandpa is home, back at his home...
He would not survive the surgery, if done, to repair the aneurysm...
He choose to be home...
with his family...
in his town...
in his house...
living each day to the full with a tennis- sized ball aneurysm.
And we love him and support him.

To be honest I hate typing that word, aneurysm.
But, I have to, I need to...
It is fact.
It is an ugly, ugly, fact...truth be told.

There are so many mixed emotions...
thankfulness,
hurt,
raw, deep pain,
blah-ness and muddle of thoughts...
a grateful heart,
exhaustion.

Leaving his home...
there was a rainbow.
Just bright enough to bring some hope.

And, to that hope I will cling.
To a God who is bigger than this.
To a God that gives peace that surpasses understanding.
To a God that knew I desperately needed to hug my Grandpa.


Photo property of the fabulous SH Photography
{my rockin' sister}

And with that rainbow...I am going to
cherish each and every moment with my Grandpa...
even when life as we know it is re-arranged.
That is what I am thankful for.

{Thank you all so much for prayers, thoughts, encouraging words...sticking here at Simply Created by Cole as my family and I learn a new way...of cherishing each day w/ our family...of walking through this new-ness of everything being arranged. I've not forgotten about you...I still have great things planned for you.}

Love, Cole


P.S. I'm linking up with The Outdoor Wife this week on her Thankful on a Thursday. I love her blog and I know you will too. 

2 comments:

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...