Friday, October 22, 2010

A Hero

I love to write...
I've learned that I express my thoughts best through the written word...
That's why when it comes to expressing thanks, gratitude, or my thoughts...
I put pen to paper
or fingers to keyboard...

I've had these thoughts floating through my mind lately...
Thoughts of my Grandpa's hands and the lives he touched...
and the lives he continues to touch through the memories, love, and lessons, he shared with us.

Here is a poem I wrote...
for one of the Hero's in my life...

Grandpa’s Hands
By Nicole 


The hands of a Man, working hard each day...
Building, Crafting, Gardening, his way…
The hands of a Husband providing for his wife…
Telling her he loves her on her last night…
The hands of a Father, so strong, so true…
Protecting and loving his children the best way he knew…
The hands of a Grandpa, so dear and so close…
Teaching his grandchildren to “see,” the things that matter most…
The hands of Grandpa who did the Polka with all he knew…
In and out of his kitchen, He loved to dance, this is true…
 His hands touched many lives…
More than we will ever know…
It is Grandpa’s Hands that taught love to grow.


Who is a Hero in your life??

Have a Lovely Day,
Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...