Monday, October 4, 2010

It is well...

It is well...
With My Soul...

Today, I want to share with you my heart. Not to say "look at me," but rather...to be open, honest, to share the Hope that God can and does give. After all...this blog {community} is a journey of creations, life, and the Hope of God.

Last Monday, my grandpa, Henry, went to be with Jesus. He had been living with a large aneurysm in his stomach for about two weeks, but it is a heart attack that eventually took him home. We are blessed to have four sweet hours with him after the attack. Time to hold his hand and tell him we love him. Time with his entire family around him and those that could not make it, over the phone. Time of many prayers, tears, memories, talking to grandpa {even when he couldn't speak back}.

The pain was/is still hard, but through it God spoke louder than ever before. Through the pain and praying fervently for peace, God spoke. "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you, not as the world gives do I give unto you." I clung like crazy to that verse, from the very beginning.

Holding grandpa's hand there in the ICU, telling him how much I loved him, squeezing his hand and him squeezing back, verses to a hymn came and spoke to my heart. Verses that remained throughout those four hours of watching the numbers on his monitor go down. Verses that were there as he stepped into Glory forever with Jesus.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul. 
It has been a couple days since his service, the pain is still there, sometimes hidden and sometimes spilling out when I least expect it. Amidst this pain, is a peace that I can not explain. A peace that began two weeks ago when grandpa first went to the hospital and continues now, even in the tears of a missed grandpa.
What-ever your lot is, what ever it is that is causing sorrow like sea billows roll, God is there. He is the God of all comfort. He is the God of peace that surpasses all understanding. He will never leave you. When it doesn't make since, when it hurts like crazy, when you don't understand "why," he is there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...