Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Simply Created {Versatile} Wreath

I just love the Holidays!
One of the things I really love are wreaths.
But...
I don't love the high cost of them.

So, I decided to get crafty and try my hand at my own DIY wreath.
I had a fantastic inspiration from The Thrifty Decor Chick...
{Just click on the hyper-link to take you to her goodness.}
so I started with this.

Deciding I didn't feel like using all the leaves...
I thought for a moment...
looked at my supplies...
and decided to do this.


 Taking my time...
I used a little bit of hot glue on the ribbon to adhere it to the wreath each time I wrapped it around.


 The hot glue will show through at first, but once you wrap the next layer it will be hidden.


Keep the ribbon pulled tight as you wrap.


I just love that you can make the spaces between each wrap as narrow or wide as you want.


Once, I got to the end...
I wrapped the ribbon so that it hid the overlapped layer at the end.
But, then I wondered...
How do I hide the ending point???


Here is the wreath in it's full size.
Still wondering what to do next.
So...


I took some of those leaves...
put them in a pattern I liked and hot glued them together.
Took a tiny push pin and placed it onto the wreath.


I also took some extra ribbon...
made a loop for it to hang {hiding the ending point}.

And...
TaDa


A Simply Created wreath...


For Fall...


That can easily be changed...


Just by removing a single push pin to take the leaves off.
And it only cost me $5.
$1 for the wreath.
$4 for the ribbon.
I had the rest of the supplies.

Today I am linking up with The Girl Creative and Just Something I Whipped Up. I'm also at Skip to My Lou "Made By You Monday." Come on over and see all the goodies!




I can't wait till after Thanksgiving when I will add something Christmas-y!

Can you guess what it will be?!?!



Have a Lovely Day,
Cole


6 comments:

  1. nice job on the wreath. now you got me thinking if i could be crafty like this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea to make a wreath for more than one season! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nicole! You should so try it. It's very quick and easy and I love how it can be changed for the season.
    Let me know if you give it a shot. I'd love to see what you create!

    Have a great day!
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Melissa! I do love it. Now to decide what to put on it for Christmas! Hmm... :)

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sandy! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Cole

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...