Monday, December 27, 2010

CHRISTmas JOY

Right now, I am doing one of my most absolute favorite things...
I'm sitting in one of my favorite coffee shops,
still full of Christmas lights, warmth, and comforting smells.
{small joys}

My own tree is still up,
lights and all.
Decorations placed about.

Not quite wanting to put it all away.

Not wanting this season to pass...


Yet, it is in these thoughts that I am reminded...
reminded that Christ is always with us.
He isn't here just for a season.

But, He is with us always.
With Christ in my heart,
this season will never pass.



Even when the tree is put away, lights taken down, and all things "Christmas,"
boxed away until next year, Christ remains.

He is the beginning and the end.
The Alpha and the Omega.
Who was, is, and is to come.
{Revelation 1:8 paraphrased}

-------
This week will look a little different with blog posts.
As you may have noticed, there is no craft today, but a time of reflection on the season.
{I will be back in the new year with some new crafts and ideas for you.}
This week, the last week, before I head back to teaching.
I am taking some time...
...time to spend with my family,
...time spent with some long time college friends,
{see ya soon "B.C.!"}
...time to celebrate my brother's birthday,
and time...

...time spent with God,
to dream, to plan, to seek His will,
in direction for the new year and this opportunity to connect with you here.

I am truly thankful and blessed by
getting to know and pray for each of you here.
We are community.

Will you join me in prayer?
How can I pray for you?

Have a Beautiful, Lovely Day,
Cole 







4 comments:

  1. What insight! and so ture thanks for the reminder!
    Be blessed today and in 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! We don't put our tree down until after January 1...for we are still in the season and looking so much forward to the coming new year. God bless you and your family in 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Roasane! Blessings for you and your family too!

    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you "Devotion Cafe," for the blessings! Same to you and your family too!

    I look forward to reading more of your devotions.

    Cole

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...