Friday, December 10, 2010

A lesson from the phone...

Today I was going to share with you thoughts on one of my favorite Christmas songs for Beki's, "Fingerprint Friday." I'll be linking up to her post for her, "Fingerprint Friday."

{ Beki says, "look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them?"
She got it from Steven Curtis Chapman's song Fingerprints of God.}

And then...

God revealed Himself in a way today that was so unexpected...
so full of love...
so much needed.

And it all had to do with this...


I had some calls to make,
to take care of some large, medical bills.

Before I made the call,
I prayed a short prayer for help.
Help in someway, some form, 
to help with the burden of these bills.
{Gallbladders are not cheap, and it's still in me. HA!}

And what came from the other side of the phone...
was very unexpected.
Not what you might guess...

No, the bills didn't miraculously disappear or shrink to the size of a peanut.
But, what did come was...
A sweet lady who remembered who I was from a month ago, full of...
sincerity, grace, and kindness in word.

Then...
the biggest surprise of all.

Someone, I'll call her "V," came on to help me.
Someone who I used to work for/work with back in the college days.
Someone who helped me to set-up payments that didn't cause an automatic coronary.
Someone who took the time to listen, to say, "I care."
To say, "I know you."

And in that moment,
God spoke LOUDLY.

"I love you."
"I'm taking care of you."
"I will continue to take care of you."
"Trust me."

It was those last two words, "Trust Me."
That sounded the loudest.
That touched my heart the strongest.

While the bills are still there,
and are still coming in.
I am reminded through the telephone,
and two special people...
that God cares and
He is in control.

All I have to do is,
Trust Him.

How have you seen the Fingerprints of God lately?

Have a Lovely Day,
Cole


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...