Sunday, January 30, 2011

{Craft Tutorial}:Heart Garland:Super Easy

After my fail at trying to sew Dollie hearts into garland...
I decided to take a different approach.
It still involves hearts,
a needle,
and
thread.

And, I love this idea so much more!

Just today, Ashley quoted, "Success is not found in perfection but in growing from our failures."

I love that!

Even though my first attempt at a sewn garland bit the dust, I didn't give up.
I took a little break...
Thought about what I wanted to do...
And,
Tried again!

For this garland I had everything I needed...

I cut out hearts in scrapbook paper that I already had...

Strung the hearts on thread...

Kept stringing...

Then I hung it in a favorite spot...
Do you have any better ideas than scotch tape to hang garland with?

This project was easy, quick, and free!

What projects have you done lately?

I'll be linking up with the fabulous ladies below...

Have a Simply Created Day!
Cole


Photobucket The Girl Creative

handmade projects works for me wednesday at we are that family

7 comments:

  1. What a great, simple garland. Something you can do while watching TV or just hanging out on the couch in the evening with the hubby. I have a problem sitting still in the evenings and need something to keep my hands busy, this is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute cole!! i love that you can see the string through the paper hearts. fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Thank You Cheryl! I hope you have a wonderful time doing this with your granddaughter! It is the perfect activity to do and really easy!

    Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Heather!! It was so fun to do. I believe I love hearts more than I thought. ;0) Have a great week.

    Blessings, Cole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Valley Girl! Your blog header is beautiful, you did a great job on it!

    It is the perfect movie watching, friend talking, sitting w/ your man type of craft. I watched a DVD while doing it. Have fun!

    Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love for you to join us at the Hugs and Kisses Valentine's Party!
    http://itsablogparty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...Thanks for the invitation! Can't wait to check it out!

    Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...