Monday, January 10, 2011

Homemade Salsa {Easy Recipe}

One of the fondest memories I have of growing up is...
helping my mom in the kitchen.

Learning to wash dishes standing on the dinning room chair...
Stirring the pot as it shimmered on the stove...
Learning all her cooking and baking secrets...

My mom loves to cook and bake.
It is something that brings her JOY.
She also loves to serve others by cooking/baking for them.

To this day...
she prepares a meal for a family in need,
bakes Christmas goodies for neighbors, work, and the people in her life.

This Christmas my sister and I received something from my mom that is so...
Meaningful...
Thoughtful...
A treasure...

She carefully picked for each of us a recipe book to fit our personalities...
Wrote a special message in the inside cover...
And filled it with some of her and our favorite recipes in her handwriting.

Words don't express what it means to me...
The memories that it holds...

So...
Since I can't really send a meal or goodies through the snail mail...
I want to share with you a simple and quick recipe for Homemade Non-Chunky Salsa.


{Homemade Salsa}

Ingredients:
3 Cans of Diced Tomatoes or equivalent amount of fresh tomatoes
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Jalapeno (finely chopped)

Steps:
*Blend all ingredients together and refrigerate overnight.
*You can add more or less of each ingredient to get the desired taste or heat you like.

What is one of your favorite recipes?

Have a Lovely, Simply Created, Day!
Cole

P.S.
I'll be sharing my word for 2011 this week.
To read about my 2010 word, click here.

7 comments:

  1. What a gift - one that can be handed down for generations to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosanne!
    It is definitely dear to me. So much meaning.

    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  3. you won a word of the year necklace on my blog!! come on over.
    ps your blog is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the words of Gussy, "YEOW!" Thank you so much Lisa for the sweet compliments and for the necklace!! I just opened my blog to work on my post for my word and saw your message.

    On my way... ;)

    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. Yum. This salsa recipe sounds delish. And super-duper easy {which I love!}

    Adding this to my tumblr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh. Just saw that Lisa Leonard commented on your blog AND you won a giveaway from her.

    Wowza.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Ruthanne for reading and commenting! Let me know how you like the salsa recipe!! It's a favorite around here. It's super close to the same taste as one of our local *best* Mexican restaurants.

    The timing of the necklace is a blessing! #confirming! #thankful!

    Cole

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...