Tuesday, January 11, 2011

One Word 2011 {Thoughtful on a Tuesday}

It is there where ever I go...
Whether I turn to the right or to the left, I hear it, see it...

It finds me in the stores...
hanging in the leftover {but not forgotten} Christmas ornaments.

It finds me through blogs/shops of sweet authors...

 It touches my heart in...
conversations with friends and those heard across the way.

It shouts from the pages of God's Word...
plunging deep into my soul,
bringing a joy,
an awe,
wonder,
peace.

It finds me...
destined to be open like a precious gift.
To reveal the beauty that is inside, the promises that are in store.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord.

I do not know what 2011 will bring...
but,
I have hope and trust in God.

Hoping in the plans He has for me...
the hope that is found in Him...
hope in the future.
Trusting God with the deep desires of my heart...
 Knowing that...

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf.
Hebrews 6:19-20a


A word, a single word...
offered from THE MOST HIGH.

A word to think upon, study, grow in...
a word to un-wrap like a present.

What is your One Word for 2011?

Coming Soon: Feature Guest Blogger...
Who do you think it will be?!

I'm joining, Alece, over at Grit and Glory for One Word 2011.


Have a Lovely Day,
Cole

10 comments:

  1. I love the word HOPE. At first glance it seems small and ordinary, but given further inspection, it is huge and amazing. There have been many days in my life that hope has been the thing getting me through.

    My word, Courage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope. I love it. I Hung on to hope for the first few weeks of the challenge but didn't want to commit. So I'm glad it touched you! But I do HOPE to move FORWARD ;)

    Happy Blessings for 2011!
    ~TH

    My word: FORWARD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracie,
    I love your word, "Courage." So much to that word. Courage to...the possibilities are endless.

    Hope is amazing. Hope in so many different things. Definitely more than one side to Hope and God is showing me that in many ways.

    Thank you for sharing your sweet word. Please come back and have a great day!
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi TH....
    I know I wondered about Hope, and was, might I admit, a bit nervous about it. But, I am seeing that there is so much to it. More than I can comprehend right now. Pretty much, the word would not leave. ;)
    I love your word forward...can't wait to see where it takes you. Thanking for sharing your word and hope to see you back.

    Have a great day!
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not kidding when i say that hope scares me. so i'm looking forward to journeying a bit with you this year, peering over your shoulder to discover hope with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alece,
    I'm enjoying reading your blog, your journey, and all the posts of One Words. Hope, it's exciting, a wee scary, and full of God. I almost didn't take it, but it kept sneaking in everywhere I went. Thank you for joining this Journey!

    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful post; I love how you see hope all around you, how you find it in God. I look forward to sharing our journey of hope in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Rachy!

    I look forward to seeing what God reveals to you too through Hope!

    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful!!! My heart is blessed today by your words! I remember at one of the darkest times in my life, a dear friend looked me in the eye and said "there is ALWAYS hope with God". Love your words today.

    Blessings!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melanie,

    Thank you for sharing with me a little how God has shown hope in your life. Thank you for the sweet comments too! It is definitely God working through this journey of Hope. To trust Him with the future and His plans. Not always easy in my own human ways, but looking to Him "there is ALWAYS hope!"... Just love that you shared that. I pray you have a wonderful week full of many blessings! Thank you again for your comments, I love reading them and getting to know each of you.

    Blessings,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...