Friday, January 7, 2011

Reflection.... {a word}

The past couple of weeks have been spent in reflection...
Reflecting on the past and all God has done.
And...
Looking forward to what He has planned next.

Reflecting on this past year,
God had laid a word upon my heart...

Looking back...
God did more than I could have expected, could have imagined with this one little word.

At that time,
all I could "see"
was that He was calling me to *Shine* for Him.

*Matthew 5:16 (NIV)
In the same way, let your light shine before men, 
that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

To live my life in a way that would honor Him, that would point others to Him,
that would show of His works. Not by my strength, but His alone.
 
Little did I realize...
How big God's plans were and...
 
HOW. MUCH. 
God was going to use this Word to minister to me.
To...

*SHINE*

Peace into my heart when,
the storms rolled...
uncertainty knocked...

*Numbers 6:24-26 (NIV) 
"The LORD bless you
       and keep you; 
 the LORD make his face shine upon you
       and be gracious to you;
  the LORD turn his face toward you
       and give you peace." '
 
 What word did God use in your life this past year?
 Do you have one for 2011?

There is a new word...
a word for 2011,
that has been finding me every where I go.

If you look carefully...
I have been giving small clues to what it might be.

Wondering yet?
Keep an eye out!

Have a lovely Friday,
Cole

2 comments:

  1. This is a truly, lovely post Cole. Thanks for the reminder of God's presence in our lives. I think I can guess what the word is.....:-).

    Wishing you the best for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Reese. It is amazing how this word does keep finding me. I will reveal soon, but yes, I have given a lot of clues. :0)

    I hope the start to the new year is well! Full of God's riches for you!

    Hugs...
    Cole

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...