Thursday, January 20, 2011

Words {joining Holley Gerth and Ann Voskamp}

The power of words have been on my heart so much lately.
I wanted to share with you one of my previous posts about Words that God has laid upon my heart.
I'll be linking up with Holley Gerth and Ann Voskamp and their "Why You Need Words."
Please take the time to read what others have shared about words.
It will bring light to your soul.

---------------------------------------

Lately I've been thinking about words.
not just the written or typed ones...
but spoken words as well.

They have such power.
Power to give life.
Power to heal.
Power to lift-up and encourage.

They also have the power to kill.
Such strong words, yes, but so true.
Words can tear down.
Words can cause division.
The wrong words spread faster than fire...
consuming the hearts of those they touch.

Words have the power to change hearts.
To bridge or to divide.
Words penetrate so quick, so deep, so fast.


Psalm 19:14 I love..
 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
       be pleasing in your sight,
       O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

It was among one of the first verses I learned...
So powerful...
So encouraging...
Full of promise from God who
 will guide me in my words when I ask.
Who will help me in those moments when ...
those words might not be so pleasing.
If.... I seek and ask of Him.


Photo credit courtesy of Simply Created by Cole

Have a lovely day!
~Cole~




6 comments:

  1. I love words. They really are so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachy!
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you happiness and blessing abound Katherine! Thank you for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. words do give life or death. "life and death are in the power of the tongue..." I try and keep my tongue under control which isnt always an easy thing. thank you for reminding us today. is is something that we all need to remember on a day to day basis and what our words will do and make another person feel!
    http://happyhome-myrole.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Words are very precious and dangerous. It isn't always easy for me to control either. But, it is when I give my own ways to God that He provides the grace for the moment, grace for the day. Thank you for your lovely comment! Praying blessings for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...