Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Persevere in HOPE...

Have you heard about One Word?
One word to focus on for the year...
allowing it to grow you,
change you,
teach you.

Time and time again the word, "Hope," kept coming to me.

I accept it.
I even look forward to it.

But now comes the work of
persevering in it.

Running the race....


Knowing that I will be tested in this word...
was actually tested in this word this week.

By a circumstance so out-of-my control,
Major pieces yet un-known,
Potentially full of the grip of "what-ifs."

B.U.T

I was reminded of a promise...
a truth,
a cornerstone.

So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, "He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him." But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved. Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 
Hebrews 10:35-11:1

It is with this cornerstone of truth that I will persevere. Not by my own strength but of God. 
The truth of God's promises that He will not and does not break.

The promise in ONE WORD that:

God knows the plans He has for me.
Plans to prosper me and to not harm me.
Plans to give me a hope and a future. {Jer. 29:11, paraphrased}

Have you been challenged by your One Word?
What Journey is God taking you on?

Have a Lovely Day,
Cole

2 comments:

  1. My word is Courage...and it has been challenging. I find myself presented with choices, and my first instinct is to do the "safe" thing or the "easy" thing, and then that word creeps in my mind. And I have entertained the thought that no one will really know...but I will know, and God will know, so I'm working to walk in that word and follow God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracie, I love your word, "Courage." It is often hard to have it and not take the "safe" way, but to step out of the boat and walk with God. I travel that road too. Thank you for sharing your journey of this word. I will look forward to hearing/reading the rest of your journey.
    Blessings,
    Cole
    Praying for your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...