Tuesday, February 15, 2011

When the day goes long...

When the day goes long...
And you feel heavy, weak, or stressed.
The ONE who is...
is calling your name.

Calling for you to come,
Lay down your burdens,
and rest in His presence.

 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30


This week The last two weeks have been long,
and very busy.
From one thing to the next.

What "needs to be done" with what "wants to be done."
A balance, a dance of the heart so to speak.

Today, 
through Ann Voskamp and the words she wrote,
God reached out...

He called out to me to lay all aside, trust, dwell, abide in His Word. He is refining, stretching, growing me to trust Him with the Hope and plans He has for me. I may not know what will be, but I know that one who is..

And it all begins, 
when I simply come.

...Come to Jesus...
when the to-do list goes long,
the activities pile up,
and the day goes long.
Come to Jesus,
laying the day at His feet,
for He has promised,

"His yoke is easy and His burden light."

Thank You Jesus for your Grace, Mercy, and Love.
Thank You Ann for your loving, serving heart for God and the words He gives you.

When the day goes long...where do you find rest?

By HIS Grace Alone,
Cole



4 comments:

  1. Praise God that we can come to Him for rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Cole! Thanks for the reminder that the truest rest we find is in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachy, thank you. The truest rest does come in Him. Sometimes it takes me longer to get there. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...