Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blessings In It All...

This past year has been a journey of...
 
...Hope...
...Health challenges...

This Tuesday, I again faced some health challenges which resulted in leaving work early and
being rushed to the hospital.
It was pain and nausea so strong that I thought my gall bladder or appendix had exploded.

Through test after test...
I found out that it is kidney stones and infection,
caused by my gall bladder we are not sure yet.
{Not fun.}
It was a span of 12+ hours of severe pain and nausea resulting in being sick.

But...
through it all,
once the pain had subsided some I began seeing Gifts in it.

Not present in the hand kind of gifts...
but Gifts from a loving God that only He can give.
{Whatever the times may be.}

Tonight...
I am counting those gifts.
Thankful for a God who takes care of me.
A God that I can trust in all circumstances.
 

~Family close by to help.
~Co-workers stepping in and helping me with my class when I was not physically able to.
~My dad driving   racing me to the hospital.
~Knowing my mom was staying awake with me until I finally feel asleep, knowing she had work
the next day.
~A brother who can make me laugh only like brothers can even when sick.
~Seeing large, fluffy, wet snowflakes falling from the sky as I crawl out of the car in pain.
 ~Church family and friends sending up prayers and making phone calls.
~The song of the birds in the afternoon stillness.
~The gift of this community here, you.

I am getting better...
still not feeling 100% but thankful for it all.
Thankful for all the gifts God has given today.
 
How are you today?

Blessings for a Beautiful Day,
Cole

P.S. I still plan on getting you that DIY Spring{y} craft and sending out a new blog award.
Thank you ever so much for your grace and love.
 



8 comments:

  1. Praying for you! Glad you were able to find blessings to count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a tough week. I don't know what kidney pain is but gall stones I do. Not fun but seeing God in the midst of it will see you thru. Sleep well and laughter is good medicine so have your brother stop in again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a little boy at our church that is going through the same exact thing that you are. He is ten years old. His Mom has the same perspective as you do. I myself have endometreosis. sometimes (especially when I'm all dressed up and looken all cute for the day) outwardly I look normal, but inside my body is utter pain. Yet often times I see Gods goodness through it all. Most women with endo cannot even conceive, yet here I am with four wild, beautiful blessings. I love to paint, decorate, home school, etc. But most of the time I feel so worn out. I simply take each day as is. By the grace of God, I am what I am. Hope God continues to draw me closer to Him through it all.

    Love & Blessings,
    Jannette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Rachy. Still recovering from it all. How are you friend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosanne, My brother has been a source of laughter in the pain. ;) I'm so glad he is here. Thank You friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jannette, Thank You so much for sharing your story and that of the little boy. I do understand the pain thing, and being dressed and ready to go on the outside. You both are in my prayers. I'm so glad you are here. Keep seeking God and He is with you every step of the way. Blessings for a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cole, you are definitely a trooper! I hope that you're much better and the doctors were able to help you in time. It's good to have family and friends close by to help you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Reese. I definitely could not do it w/out family, friends, prayers, and God....at that point of pain, I could only call on God. Thank you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...