Sunday, March 20, 2011

DIY Spring{y} Burlap.....???

Congrats to Rosanne!
She correctly guessed which of the lovelies below is the newest DIY Spring{y} craft...
~Rosanne said...
A) I'm loving burlap!

Our new, super simple, really quick, cute, Spring{y} craft is...


An earring holder!
Thank you to Lindsey for the inspiration!!

Here are the details...
Are you ready?!

1. Take any old picture frame and remove the glass and backing.
2. Spray paint the color of your choice (I used Heirloom White I had on hand).
3. Cut a piece of burlap slightly larger than the opening of the frame.
4. Hot Glue the burlap to the back of the inside of the opening of the frame. {whew!}
Be careful it will be hot and seep through the holes!
5. Let it dry and hang your favorite earrings on it.

{Thank You Jess for the cute earrings!}

Why did I choose an earring holder like this?

~I love the handmade style.
~ I love the simplicity.
~I love how I can see my favorite earrings and not "forget" I have them.


I didn't hang it on the wall because I wanted to access it quickly and...
easily for those mornings I'm running late. ;)

And yes, if you are wondering...
I do have some more fun earrings to add.

What do you love to create?
Is it something sewn?
Maybe baked?
Do you write?
Maybe you love to sing?
Or, do you love to renovate your home?

I'd love to hear!!

And, in-case you are just now joining us.
Here the links to the most recent DIY Spring{y} crafts (just click on the pics.) and...
the fabulous ladies I'll be linking up with!




Link Ups:

26 comments:

  1. Cute!!! (thanks for the little shout out!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love burlap too! We are actually going to use burlap (or a burlapesque material to decorate at our wedding!) This is the perfect way to re-use it in our home after the big day!

    I'm big into sewing and painting... Although I really just enjoy creating in general. I have no musical ability, so singing and playing an instrument are not remotely a part of that!

    Finally, I left a little award for you on my blog to celebrate the little friendship we've had blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baking, writing, and home renovating. I also love this idea. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is simply perfect!! The earrings you have are so cute too!!!

    xoxo
    april

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so need to make me one of those!! Great tutorial--connie, measuredbytheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You Jess! Your earrings are the perfect pair! Have a great week. :)
    Blessings, Cole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amber!
    Oh, I can't wait to see what you do for your decorations. I do hope you post pictures!! :) I can't paint well, but I sure wish I could sing. Thank you for the award. That is so sweet of you friend.
    Blessings, Cole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie,
    Ohhh...I love to bake too! It's just not good for me to bake and have it in the home. ;) What are some projects that you like to do in renovations? Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You Heather! And, I love that saying, "You had me at Burlap!" <3 it...
    Have a great week friend!
    Blessings, Cole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You April! The yellow one's are my favorite.
    Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You Connie! It was very quick and easy to make. The blessings of spray paint. ;0)Let me know if you make one!
    Blessings, Cole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...that's really cute! What a great idea! I'm here from Tip Junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! It is fun to show off your jewelry! I especially love how simple this project seems.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love anything with burlap! and this is no different. so simple yet chic, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog and am your newest follower. This project is simple, practical, and cute! Thanks for the fab blog and crafty inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Candice! I love it. And, it's super easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank You Heather! I love the idea of it. I usually have it hidden away in my jewelry box and I forget about some of the things I do have. Thank you for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brandy, Thank you for your kind comments and for following! So glad to meet you and looking forward to talking more! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Linda! Have a beautiful day! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Megan! I'm falling in love w/ burlap too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's perfect...love anything burlap and white...glad I found you...I'm hosting a giveaway that I think you will love...check it out on my blog...Happy Monday...spread the word...Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this idea! Such a cute jewelry holder!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mariaelena, thank you for your sweet comments and for joining in the community! I will check out your blog this week!
    Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank You "Our Something New." Wishing you a happy week!
    Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...