Monday, March 14, 2011

DIY Spring{y} Recycled Sweater

 I came across an old sweater that no longer fits.
So, I decided to create some "Spring."
How you ask?

Like this...

* Trim sweater underneath the arms.
I used a rotary cutter, it worked much easier than scissors.

*Turn sweater inside out and sew the two open sides leaving a gap on one side to stuff.
I didn't bother with changing out my thread, I knew it would be hidden inside.

*Trim off bottom hem and turn right side out to stuff.
I kept the bottom hem of the sweater for something at the end. :)

*Whip-stitch the inside gap that you left to stuff it.
I added a ruffle with the left over hem and some flowers (all hot glued on).

*Place in my favorite reading area and...

Enjoy the Spring Inspiration!
(for free!!)

Have you created any sweater pillows?
If so, leave a link below in the comments. 
I'd love to visit!

Have a Simply Created Day!
Cole

I'll be linking up with these fabulous sites this week.








this blessed nest
Photobucket
The Girl Creative Tip Junkie handmade projects

16 comments:

  1. visiting from blessed little nest/life made lovely. this is an adorable pillow! Kudos, a sweater to a pillow? amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melody! I've seen these around the internet world, plus the cute ones in Target, so I decided what a perfect opportunity to try one.
    Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! So creative. I just might give this a try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pillow is adorable- love the added rosettes too-I'm your newest follower stop on over for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable pillow! I would love for you to stop by and link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link party (it lasts all week)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you on Tip Junkie. I love the pillow! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, amazing! I want that sweater pillow, I love it!

    I'm visiting from Kellie's Spring Fling.

    Maegan :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. incredible!

    your pillow is just beautiful. those flowers are just darling as well.

    thanks so much for linking up with the SPRING FLING!
    have a super weekend.

    xo
    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. cole, that turned out so cute!! i love the flowers you added. lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Jess! I'd love to see if you give it a try. Let me know! :0)
    Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, Thank you Claire for following! I'll be coming by soon!
    Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lauren,
    Thank you! Will you be having another link-up this week? This week was our Spring Break and I missed it. Can't wait!
    Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tonya, Thank you! I hope to see you again. :0) Have a great Monday,
    Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank You Kellie! Thank you for hosting Spring Fling. What a wonderful idea. I've had fun making my home a little more Spring{y}.
    Blessings, Cole

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank You Heather! I love the flowers too, I think more than I love green and that is a lot! Have a great week friend!
    Blessings, Cole

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Maegan, I love it too!
    Blessings, Cole

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...