Friday, March 4, 2011

An unexpected detour...

Today was supposed to be glorious...
...get out of work at 12:30 for the semester.
...get started right away on writing and crafting.

Then, I decided to take a trip to one of my favorite coffee shops.
{detour #1}

Along the way, driving, singing to Jeremy Camp and Chris Tomlin,
God started to knock on my heart.
It was an uncomfortable sort of knock.
Me not quite grasping what He wanted.


And before I knew it,
{detour #2}.
I was at the final resting place here on earth for my grandpa and grandma.

Not what I had planned.
And, at this moment, honestly, not what I would have chosen.
Because you see...

I thought...
"I don't need to go."
"I'm fine."

There I was sitting in my car at the site.
Wondering, "Do I get out?" "Can't I just stay right here?"
And, a gentle, "No," whispered in my heart.

I stepped out of my car, 
the cold, crisp, Kansas wind whipping at my neck.
I pulled the zipper of my coat as high as it would go and set across the yard.

It took a few minutes to find the spot.
But, there it was, dirt still fresh of that day barely 5 months ago.

I sat down...

Nothing...

Then...
Questions.

Questions about e.v.e.r.y. t.h.i.n.g...

Tears flowed,
my heart cried out to God.

Broken but not destroyed.

In the moment of searching what God wanted of me, 
he answered.

Not in a way you would guess...
not at all.

I look over my shoulder and every so quietly,
ever so respectfully is the maintenance crew
getting ready to prepare new earth.
I never even heard them.

First shock...
stunned actually, 
But, then came a voice, so certain, so clear,
saying...

"Life is too short."

Life is too short to hold on to the things/people that tear us down.
Life is too short to hold on to the chains that bind us.
Life is to short to live in my own will.
Life is to short to let those you love not know you love them.

And, it is then, this verse came to mind.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9
To:
Live fully in His will.
Pursue with abandon the dreams He has placed on my heart.
Live in the Hope He has called me to. {Jeremiah 29:11}

Is life taking you on any detours lately? If so, what is God teaching/showing you?

 Have a Lovely Day!

Blessings,
Cole




4 comments:

  1. Wow that was such an awesome story of you following His voice and in the quiet hearing Him speak life into your life.
    Living fully can be a huge challenge sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshua 1:9 is a great verse that is a excellent reminder to us each day as we all need courage and He will provide it.

    Anyways, my wifes name is Annette (pastors wife)and she just opened her blog to public setting as she wants to be an encouragement and blessing to people (she is also hoping to do giveaways). I was trying to be an encouragement to her by asking if you would be willing to swing by and say hi as she does not know many people in the blog world? Thank you for considering. Her blog is

    http://continuedwonder.blogspot.com/

    Thank You,
    Rodney(Annette's husband)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosanne!
    It was definitely all God on that one. You are right that living fully can be a huge challenge sometimes. I believe I'm on that road right now. A friend told me this weekend, "God loves us too much to leave us where we are." Such beautiful words from friends this week.
    Thank you Rosanne...
    Blessings, Cole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rodney,
    I will definitely go to Annette's blog this week. It was a year ago, tomorrow, that I first opened this blog to the world in hopes of bringing the Hope of God to others. I definitely know what it is like to first begin, I still often feel new as of now. But, all be to God's Glory!!
    Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...