Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Text...{Thoughtful on a Tuesday}

Today, a sweet friend sent me the most encouraging, timely text...
{Thank You C~}

The text...
was this...
17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.’” 
2 Chronicles 20:17 NIV
No other words...
Just scripture...
Truth...

...That bounced off the screen of my phone and encircled my heart...

Words from God...
Passed to my friend...
Passed to me...

I was reminded today that "the battle," is not mine to fight.

As, The Message, says...
"...just stand firm, Judah and Jerusalem, and watch God's saving work for you take shape. Don't be afraid, don't waver. March out boldly tomorrow—God is with you."

I am comforted by these words...

Comforted in the truth that God has all things under control...
His control.

Even tomorrow...
when I face new challenges and old.

I am thankful for my friend.
Thankful for this truth.

Truth to hide in my heart.


What are you thankful for today?

Have a Lovely Day,
Cole

------------------------------------

*Thank You so much for all your prayers for my sister and her knee surgery. She is doing great! Within less than a week she was back to work and using only one crutch.

*Thank You also for prayers for when I was sick. I am feeling much better today!

4 comments:

  1. I would love to be texted that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebekka, I hope your day is full of many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Cole,
    Very nice post. Did I see through the Tweets that you are coming to Relevant too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy,
    Thank you for the kind words. I sent an email your way. :0)
    Blessings, Cole

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...