Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Waters... {Thoughtful on a Tuesday}

“Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, ”
Genesis 29:15a NASB

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?
Romans 8:31 NASB

These words have spoken to my soul this week.
They have given me strength and courage.

As I stand up from clenching the sides being seated in the boat,
I peer out over the horizon and
begin lifting my foot.
Cautiously,
slowly,
down to the waters.
Waters unknown to me...
but completely known to the ONE who is.

Staying in the boat isn’t wrong,
but there are times when God calls us to step out of the boat with a purpose far greater than
what we can comprehend or imagine at the time.

Through His Word...
He is speaking love that He is always with me,
in control,
for me,
and not random.

Everything He does in our lives is for a purpose,
has a purpose.

I am reminded this week that when we take a step,
be it however big or small.
God moves for us...
...Opening up doors...
...Calming the waters...
...Always in control...

I need only keep my eyes on Him, His Words hidden in my heart.
And....
take the step.

Are you taking any new steps?
How do you see God moving? 

Have a Lovely Day,
Cole

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely Cole. I have to remember this. I'm having a life turning change in the next few weeks and some days I'm up and other days, I worry. I am definitely writing this down so as not to forget.

    I hope you're well sweetie.

    p.s. cute d.i.y. check out mine I just did.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cole,

    This is perfect in every way! The waters have been so rocky for my family for the last three years and some days the sea sickness blinds us from the reality that we are going to come out of this with Him so proud of the work we have all put in to be sure He is glorified... That doesn't mean it's easy that's for sure!

    Thank you for putting it so wonderfully an so accessibly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your in my thoughts and prayers Reese. I know what you mean about the ups and downs of change. I'll be thinking of you!! I am feeling much better than I did that is for sure. Major steps, if it "acts" up again will be made. But for now, I am so thankful it is not present. Heading your way to check out your DIY. Take care friend!
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amber...your so welcome. I would have to say it was definitely from God during a rough time. I love how He is there, how He reveals Himself to each of us. I just need to remember to stay focused on Him and not the waves. Not easy to do. Your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that things are better, getting better.
    Thank you for your kind words friend. Have a wonderful Friday!
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you worded this. Comfort to my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you...So glad you found comfort for your soul. God is good isn't he?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...