Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Oh My Reading Heart {teacher/homeschool/loveofbooks}

Have I mentioned lately that I love the written word?!
I also love, love, love to read!

Yesterday, I began and finished a book in one two sittings.

Oh. Muh. Word.
I couldn't put it down.

So, so much to this book that I loved...
that spoke volumes.
{It might have to be a separate blog post}


So, I got to thinking...
as a teacher that loves to read and teach reading. {wink}
I have a fantastic website for you to use.

It's great for the classroom.
Great for the Homeschooling family.
Great for someone looking for a new way to read books.

It is called Storyline Online.

It is by the Screen Actors Guild Society...
and they have actors/actresses reading aloud their favorite children's storybooks.
Not only do they read the books out-loud, but they also show the pages of the story in a movie like way.
{You'll have to check it out to see what I mean.}
And....it's free!

I use this site in my classroom to show students how to read and present in front of an audience.
They love it!

Tell me....
What is your favorite children's book?

Have a Lovely Day,
Cole

I'll be linking up here today:


*I was not compensated for this post.
It is simply my {love} of books and reading, wanting to share it with you.

6 comments:

  1. I too use that site. The kids love it. Sometimes we do a whole group viewing sometimes students "read" it for their computer center. Yesterday I learned about James Earl Jones before he read his story. Quite interesting! Our class fav is Gugi, Gugi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading too! I'm always reading 3 books at once. Crazy! Good for you for taking the time to enjoy your books. I'm definitely checking out this website you mentioned. Sounds really cool. And thank you for your comment. I'm recuperating well. How are you doing?

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway this week. Come by. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natasha,
    I'll have to check out your favorite one! It is a great site. The kids especially love it when they recognize the actor or actress. I love the idea as using it as a center. Thank you for the idea!
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that you are recuperating well!! I am doing good. It is almost summertime! LOL, I've got several books going too. They can be found around my house. I'll definitely stop by! Love your new blog design by the way.
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids love this site! A Bad Case of Stripes is the favorite at our house!

    It was so nice to meet you on Saturday at Beki's sale! Enjoy your last week of school! (I'm still jealous of that, by the way...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy,
    It was so nice to meet and talk with you too! I had fun and it was a fun sale.

    My students love A Bad Case of Stripes too. It was in our writing unit earlier in the year and then they were so excited when we found it on the website.

    Wishing you a good end to the school year and hopefully see you again in October! :0)
    Keep in touch,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...