Tuesday, May 3, 2011

On the Wings Of...{Thoughtful on a Tuesday}

Traveling down the highway...
worship music playing softly in the background...
when {it} catches my eye.


A large bird beginning its flight out of the grass filled ditch.

It takes off...
facing head long, neck stretched into the wind.
Its wings spread wide and then I see it...

The winds of the day...
push back,
blow back,
ruffles the feathers,
of this creature God has made.

It does not fall to the ground,
it does not press harder into the wind,
but....

it surrenders.

Its body relaxes,
its head turns,
and the rest of him follows suit.

It is gliding,
soaring,
going where the wind goes.

And I wonder...

How much easier, peaceful, would my life be if I was like this bird in my walk with God about everything?

...to quit striving
...to quit planning
… to not fall into thinking “my way” is the best


and instead
…soar on the promises,
hope,
and trust in God.

It is only when we cease striving and know that He is God....
{Psalm 46:10a}

that

those who hope in the LORD
  will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
  they will run and not grow weary,
  they will walk and not be faint.
{Isaiah 40:31}

{thankful for God’s blessings all around}

What brings you peace?

Have a Lovely Day,
Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...