Monday, May 30, 2011

{Remembering on this Memorial Day...}

This weekend I've been remembering and thinking about loved ones that are singing in heaven.
I actually think know that I am finally starting to "feel" my latest grandpa's passing.
With it being summer, being able to slow down from work, not being sick like I was...
my heart is grieving. I am finally processing.

It is a type of grieving where only God can bring peace and has brought peace.
The way God sang to my heart that night Grandpa passed away I will never forget. I will never forget the words to, "It is Well." God used the verses of this hymn to comfort me when heartache was at it's worst, when life was at it's rawest, when nothing made sense.

"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
It is well, with my soul.
It is well, it is well, with my soul."

I am remembering his laugh {he loved to laugh}, his smile, the way he would teach us to polka. Dancing from the kitchen to living room, back and forth. The work ethic and respect he had. The way he loved his coffee, gardening, and working with his hands. 

 {Grandpa and I dancing the Polka. I'm guessing from the dress...this has to be around 5th grade maybe 6th?}

Even though he and my other grandparents are no longer here, they are still in my heart.
Found in the memories, those special moments spent with each of them that will last a life time.

Wishing you a wonderful Memorial Day and precious memories of those you hold dear!
~ In honor and memory of all those who have served and continue to serve. Thank You!
~in memory of my grandpa... Henry S. Jr. who served in service in the U.S. Army with the 35th Infantry Europe ETO
Blessings, 
Cole

2 comments:

  1. Dear Cole, I lost my mother 2,5 years ago, and my heart still seems somewhat numb at the loss. Thank you for sharing your feelings. We are so blessed to have known those precious people!.. The memory of our loved ones, now in heaven, is the treasure we now have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for sharing your heart and part of your story. I am thinking of you. <3 The heart still hurts, but so thankful for the memories that we both have. Blessed we are indeed by their lifes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...