Friday, May 20, 2011

When Seasons Change...{Five Minute Friday}

Hi!
I am trying something new this Friday.

I am linking up with Lisa-Jo for Five Minute Friday.


Here is a little bit of her explanation of it:

"Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s write in shades of real and brave and unscripted.
Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not."

When I read this week's prompt: When Seasons Change...
 I knew I wanted to give it a shot.
So here you go...
Five minutes of writing,
no editing,
thoughts that first came to mind.

Enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------

When Seasons Change...

The "old" dies...
The "new" comes alive...

Sometimes I go cheerfully, expectantly...
Other times I hold back, fight, afraid of what is to be...

There is a common thread when seasons change...
...lives are changed
...hearts are changed
...out-looks are changed

Changed for eternity...
Nothing here on this earth ever stays the same...

The one constant...
The one reliable...
The one that never changes...

IS THERE.

There to go before us...
There going with us...
There protecting us...

When seasons change...

we have a love so strong,
so true,
so powerful,
there for us.

His name is Immanuel.
Stop.
-----------------------
Have a wonderful day,
Cole


8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you linked up today! :) What a beautiful meditation on the things that change and the one thing that stays the same, "There to go before us, there going with us, there to protect us." Precious words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping at my blog:) love what you did in 5 minutes! great post. like you blog too:) i'd better get to bed! stayed up too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely. I am ever thankful that we have that "one Constant" in him, Immanuel. He is the rock we can lean on when the waters around us crash and when the world spins wild, he remains the same. Love this. Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this! "Changed for eternity...
    Nothing here on this earth ever stays the same..."

    so true as we mark the 11th anniversary of my dad's death this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sharone. It was definitely God speaking those words...I think I really needed to hear them. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Martha! I enjoyed reading your post too! You blog title is so pretty and I loved reading your blog too. Hopefully we'll read some more 5 minute Fridays! Have a wonderful day! Blessings, Cole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You Kris. I am so glad that HE is constant too! Especially in this stage of life where everything is not constant and rapidly changing. I'm glad it touched your heart today, it touched mine too. Blessings, Cole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny! My heart and my prayers go out to you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers this week. {hugs} Things do change us for eternity and I am so glad that God is constant even when I'm not constant, nor when I feel it. Blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...