Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Enough...{Thoughtful on a Tuesday}

1Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.
2Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.
3Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
4Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always.
 
5Remember the wonders he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,
6O descendents of Abraham his servant,
O sons of Jacob, his chosen ones.
7He is the Lord our God;
his judgments are in all the earth.
Psalm 105: 1-7



This beautiful Psalm was a part of prayer this week in Church.
I was in the nursery, but had the speaker on...
catching bits and pieces of truth,
while playing "restuarant" with the beautiful children there.

It was later that day,
when home and sermon CD in the player,
that I sat down in quietness and trust...

Stilling my heart before God {a heart full of many thoughts/questions/feelings},
praising Him in worship,
asking Him to speak to me through His Word.

It is then that I heard in the stillness of my heart,
the question,
"Will I be enough?"

"Will I be enough on this journey?"

You see, even when I forget, and I do,
God knows precisely what I need to draw nearer to Him.
 
Each day I need to look for what He has prepared for me.
Everything is hand-tailored by Him to provide for me. 
To be thankful for needs met, thankful for things I do not {yet} see.
 
God has to be enough.
God is enough.
All rest is blessings.
No matter the amount of time. No matter the journey.
All is His. 

We are safe in the arms of Christ...
because...

God is constant.
God is steady.

I need only to...
slow down,
quiet my heart,
trust,
4Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always.
 
 
It is then that I believe...
He is enough.

Where has God shown you that He is enough?

Have a Beautiful Day,
Cole

2 comments:

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...