Thursday, July 14, 2011

Inspiration Workshop {Week 7}

Hello!
It is time for another Inspiration Workshop with the lovely Maggie of Gussy Sews.

Here is this week's prompt:

THE PROMPT
This week's prompt is SUNSHINE. Can I share something silly with you? One of my favorite summer smells is the smell of SUNSHINE. You know what I'm talking about -- it's in your hair, on your puppy's fur, on your baby's skin. It smells refreshing and warm, and it's a great reminder of the super fun day you just had outside. SUNSHINE always reminds me of family & friend time, too. Chatting, playing, enjoying a meal together outside in the sun. -Gussy

This week's prompt was perfect because I just finished spending 5 days in...
the beautiful Colorado mountains with my family.
It had been at least 14 years since all of us have been able to go together, at the same time.

I love being outside!
And on this trip I couldn't get enough of the sunshine.
Sunshine without the 105+ degree temperatures.

Wa-Hoo!

Here is a peek...

Time spent at a beautiful lake.
{See that tall mountain in the background? We're headed there.}

A drive up Pike's Peak

An hour later...we reached the summit.


A cog rail you could take, but we drove. Much better views in my opinion.

It was a cool 45 degrees at the top.
My brother, sister, and I didn't mind.

View from the summit. 
{Right behind me was a straight drop down. Yikes!}
14,110 feet up.
It was B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.
Sunshine, amazing.
The green and blue, un-real.
You were in the clouds.
A peace was everywhere.

Have you traveled lately?
If so, where?

Have a Beautiful Day,
Cole

Linking up with:

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...