Tuesday, July 26, 2011

{Sometimes You Just Need To...}

step back...
step aside...
go outside...

Allow your soul to breathe.

That is where I am finding myself today.
Getting out,
doing what I love.
Putting lists and schedules aside.

Searching for beauty in the ordinary.
Quieting my soul.
Allowing my Savior to hold me,
  to open the doors of what He longs to show me.

Breathing in.
Breathing out.

Slowing down.

Allowing my soul to breathe.

Because...
Sometimes You Just Need To.

"in quietness and trust is your strength"
(Isaiah 30:15 paraphrased)

How do you allow your soul to breathe?

Blessings, 
Cole

Thank You to Lisa-Jo for allowing me to link this post.
When I saw that this week's Five Minute Friday was the word, "still,"
this post immediately came to mind as to what the word "still" means to me.
It was written in 5 minutes and no editing this day.
Written raw and from a deep place of the heart.





14 comments:

  1. A Beautiful reminder Cole. I tell my kids this, but often forget to do it myself. Thank you for this- it is something I hope discover more completely, especially over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Emily! I will be praying for you as you seek that. Can't wait to see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post. Oh how I need to be reminded of this. It's so easy to get caught up in the never ending list of things to do. Today I will remember to take time to step back and look for His gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Heather. It is so easy to get caught up in the lists. This week I've been trying to breathe and not get so caught up in them with everything starting. Praying for you this week and that you are blessed by His gifts. You are a blessing friend!
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple to remember to breath in AND out but much needed. Thank you. Off to breath... With Joy, Carey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allowing your soul to breathe....just because you need to. This is a beautiful post. We all need to just let ourselves breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And that was a beautiful look into the raw and deepest place of your heart. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never knew how much I craved quiet until I didn't have it. I guess that's true of a lot of things though, huh?

    Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So praying your heart and soul and mind and strength will be refreshed and renewed in Him today, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You Carey...I often forget the breathing out. Amazing how I can go through a "busy" day and not remember to slow down. Blessings, Cole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You Shanda. It is something I am trying to cultivate more in my life. Blessings to you, Cole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank You Mary for reading and joining us. Have a beautiful day! Cole

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank You Bridget. I love how you put it, "life is good, happy and yet the rain falls." So beautiful. Cole

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Thank You Erika! I am praying for you this week too! Praying God speaks to you. Hugs and chocolate, Cole

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...