Monday, September 12, 2011

Abide {A Journey of Providence Day 6}

Hello on this new day!
If you are just joining us, we are on a journey.
A Journey of Providence: Trusting and Hoping in God’s Plan.
If you missed us last week, here are the first 5 Days.

Day 2- Truth Speaks
Day 4- Perseverance
Day 5- Believe

Continue below for the next part in the Journey...



How does one find Hope in the detours, in trials?
How did I find Hope from a verse given to me on a car trip?

...Because the journey of living in God’s Providence is
trusting God despite what we see or feel.

There were many time I prayed for the situation to be different, for it to work. God helped me through those difficult times.
He didn’t give me what I asked nor did He remove it.
He kept me from being shaken.

24 To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—  Jude 1:24 NIV

That trip was a life change from what I thought life would be like, where I thought it was headed, what I had prayed for...

It is in that detour that I learned apart from Christ I can do NOTHING.

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5 NIV

I needed to abide in Christ, remain in prayer, remain in His word,
continue on the Journey.

It is in His Word, where His Hope became...

…Living Hope.




4 comments:

  1. Yes.
    "...Because the journey of living in God’s Providence is
    trusting God despite what we see or feel."

    Isnt this it? We have to trust and obey, regardless of how we feel about it, it's a faithwalk, this living in providence, this wilingess to embrace the truth that God knows and provides what is best for his people whom he has called by name...
    Great words here, Cole...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned to not always ask for a specific trial to be taken away, but instead for Him to use it. And He always will if I ask! Wonderful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for your words Kris and your encouragement! So blessed by your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Christine! I believe I still at times find myself asking for it to be taken away. Such a time for God to show His strength and power.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...