Thursday, September 8, 2011

Perseverance {Journey of Providence Day 4}

The Journey is not over...


Is it possible to trust God’s goodness and have Hope He will provide in the times of trial? Provide in the the detour times?


Ruth and Naomi have traveled back to Bethlehem. They have made their home and now it comes time for Ruth to work out in the fields. 

Here comes the Perseverance...

1 Now Naomi had a relative on her husband’s side, from the clan of Elimelech, a man of standing, whose name was Boaz.
2 And Ruth the Moabitess said to Naomi, “Let me go to the fields and pick up the leftover grain behind anyone in whose eyes I find favor.”
  Naomi said to her, “Go ahead, my daughter.” 3 So she went out and began to glean in the fields behind the harvesters. As it turned out, she found herself working in a field belonging to Boaz, who was from the clan of Elimelech.
Ruth 2:1-3 NIV


It is no coincidence she finds herself in the field of Boaz.
Like Ruth, God will provide for us.
He will provide through His Word, others, and us taking the step towards Him.

But, we have to take the step.



... All that time I lost in letting the trials, detours, of my particular circumstance cloud my view of God’s will. While I never stopped believing God and in God. I lost Hope that His will was good and best. 


I quit doing the work.
I allowed the circumstance to “tell” me it was okay. It wasn’t.
But, as I clung unto that verse given to me by my mentor, dear friend...


God provided the way.

By His Strength and Perseverance...
I began taking the steps towards God’s Will, not mine.
Steps toward Hope, that things will work out.
That they will be good, oh so good.


2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4 NIV


Slowly I was learning.

Learning,

It is more reliable to trust an unseen God than visible circumstances....





Joining 5 other writers, kindred friends, who are sharing the journeys they are on.
September 5th-16th, sharing the words God has laid upon our hearts and breathed into our souls. Each one different, yet weaving our lives together.  

If you like, you may grab the Journey button over on the sidebar to share with others. Just right click on the button and copy link location.

4 comments:

  1. I love where you're going with this, taking apart the story of Ruth to find the treasures within. Trusting in God's care and provision even when it looks desperate...such a challenge! But there are so many places in scripture to go to when we need that extra encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I know this too well,

    "While I never stopped believing God and in God. I lost Hope that His will was good and best."
    This is a dark place to visit, and one tat when we catch ourselves in, we must run, RUN to Him and leap full into His arms! Remembering that He has us always, is not easy, we have to learn to trust that smaller voice, rather than the blurred vision our worldly eyes see through.... Isn't it freeing to trust that he works ALL things for the good? To know that weather we turn to the left or to the right, He is with us?! Bless you, Cole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Christine! Yes, God is good and His Word is good. He is showing me such new things through this journey. Thank you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freeing indeed, especially in this trial, detour that I speak of that is now in the past. Glory to God for His freeing Words and Hope! Yes, "we must RUN, RUN to Him and leap in His arm!" Love that Kris!! Thank you for journeying with me friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...