Monday, September 5, 2011

A Road and a Verse {A Journey of Providence Day 1}

There I was...
Driving down the interstate headed to meet friends when,
deep in my heart came the strongest feelings ever telling me to...


Turn Around.
Go Home.
Do Not Continue.


But, I kept on going.
The feelings quickened as the miles clicked on.


I decided to call my mentor, a dear friend, that speaks truth to my heart.
She urges me to turn around.
I say, “No.”


She gives me Words.
A verse God laid on her heart that very day.
Words she didn’t know what or who it was for...

...Until I called.

Words, Truth, that I would need that very next day.


She says the first line...
I have set the LORD always before me.
I repeat.


She says the second line...
Because He is at my right hand,
I repeat both lines now, several times.


Before she says the last line. She tells me to say it with conviction.
I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8 (NIV)
My heart falls, my mind races, but I repeat.


We repeat those verses over and over...
She does not say goodbye until she is certain they are placed securely in my heart.


It isn’t until the next day when I realize the full power of those words...


Welcome on this Journey!
A Journey of Providence: Trusting and Hoping in God’s plan for us.


What does it truly mean to trust God rather than our own perspective, situation, plans, and purposes?


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.   Jeremiah 29:11


This is a journey of those times...

A snapshot of a time of trial and hurt, and the blessing of Hope in Him.

Like Ruth, we all go through detours on the road of life.
Detours that hurt, don’t make sense, and
are not what we thought would be the destination.


But we are given a promise, a promise of Hope, in this Journey of Providence.


 I'd love it if you come along with me on this Journey of Providence. 

I will be joining 5 other writers, kindred friends, who are sharing the journeys they are on.
Beginning today, for the next 10 week days, we will share the words God has laid upon our hearts and breathed into our souls. Each one different, yet weaving our lives together.  

If you like, you may grab the Journey button over on the sidebar to share with others. Just right click on the button and copy link location.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Cole. I cannot wait to read this series. It always astounds me, how God uses others in our lives to deliver his messages, to set our feet on a path of trusting Him... awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YaY!! I need this series that you are writing. It's so hard to trust at times. Thank you for this. Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Cole, I am so intrigued! God has spoken to me so clearly at times too- uncannily so. I can't say I've always responded. Beautiful thoughts and I'm excited to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, a promise of Hope. So thankful that He is our Hope...even when we lose sight of Him, He. is. THERE!

    Powerful beginning, Cole. So looking forward to journeying with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You Kris! I have enjoyed reading all of yours too!! God is good. All the Time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You Heather. It is definitely hard to trust at times, there are definitely places that are harder for me to trust. Thankful for your friendship and God's Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You Christine! I haven't always responded either. I remember after this I had wished I had turned around, but now...I'm glad I didn't. It was a long road but so full of grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You Erika! Hope is my word for this year. Neat how God works through each of us isn't it! Have a wonderful day friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...