Thursday, December 8, 2011

Running for the Prize {Part 2}

I am running, running to get healthy, to be healthy.
Training my body.
My alarm screeches its call into the stillness
and blackness of early morning.

I fight, 
hitting the snooze.

"Just a few minutes more," I groan to the wee early hours.
My mind fights with this, this hour.
My body repulses at it saying,
"Noooo, sleep!"

But, I remember.
Who are running this race with me.
And, I fight...
Before the sun has chance to peek over the horizon, 
I am up.
Before stars fade into bursts of oranges, reds, and yellows,
I do the race.

Each step, each minute I run,
 muscles deep within awaken.
Stretching and strengthening to what they were created for.

Along with it, my mind and heart beat and dance together, keeping pace.
Stretching and strengthening.

I run for the prize...
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 3:11-15

I choose to do the work.
I will do the work.

With each blustery, cold morning and hit of shoes on cold earth,
He is speaking...

...Speaking into my heart.
...into those places that have been quiet and complacent for too long.
...speaking into the hopes I have for God-sized dreams.
...speaking into my soul and awakening it to new things.

And I hear Him...
------------------------------------------
Thank you dear friends for joining me on this journey.
Here is Part 1 for this short series on running for the prize in-case you missed it.
This is an open look into training my body for health and how God is revealing Himself to me through it.

Are you currently training/running? Wanting to start? Needing accountability?
If so...you'll want to check back for the Part 3 of running for the prize!
By His Grace,
Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...